[TYPO3-core] RFC #13167: Improve error handling of massuploader

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Wed Jan 6 23:17:02 CET 2010

Hey all,

This is a SVN patch request.

Type: Bugfix

Branches: 4.3, trunk

BT ref: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=13167

Problem:
The massuploader currently has a very poor error handling.
As flash has several limitations (silently rejecting self-signed SSL
certificates, silently ignoring HTTP Auth, ..), the user has to be
supported by explicit error messages. This patch aims to improve this in
situations, where all uploads failed.
The current ones aren't helpful:
* "Too many files selected" when using HTTP Auth (.htaccess protection)
* "Internal error: Problems while reading/writing the file" with
self-signed SSL certificates

Solution:
Check the error codes, when all uploads fail and provide some helpful
hints.

Notes:
* You can test this by adding a .htaccess protection or using a
self-signed SSL certificate or (I think) using a different hostname than
specified in the certificate.
* If anybody knows more frequent errors, we can add them.

Steffen