[TYPO3-core] RFC #13148: need logDeprecated function for included files

Felix Oertel post at typo3felix.de
Tue Jan 5 13:12:10 CET 2010

Hi Sebastian,

nice to read you here ;)

Sebastian Gebhard schrieb:
> could you provide a usage example?

I'd love to. ;-)

Let's take t3lib/class.t3lib_page.php for an example. The file is
supposed to be named class.t3lib_pageSelector.php for this is the name
of the contained class.
We move class.t3lib_page.php to class.t3lib_pageSelector.php and create
a new class.t3lib_page.php for compatibility reasons.
The file contains the following:

t3lib_div::logDeprecatedRequire();
require_once(PATH_t3lib . 'class.t3lib_pageSelector.php');

So the require of the old file is logged and the new file is included to
make things work.

We could think about using the docheader to extract the log-message like
t3lib_div::logDeprecatedFunction() does but I don't know how to
comfortably get the docheader without using reflection.

Any questions? ;)

Regards,

Felix Oertel
typo3felix.de