[TYPO3-core] RFC #13111: some JS-files don't follow naming conventions

Felix Oertel post at typo3felix.de
Mon Jan 4 15:13:57 CET 2010

Hi,

Bernhard Kraft schrieb:
> So the only acceptable solution would be to have
> them twice, mark the old ones as deprecated, and remove them in 4.7. If
> someone takes care of this in 4.7 !!!

This exactly is, what my patch does. ;-)

> Not everything need to be "perfect".
> [...]
> So: Instead of looking for wrong naming of files or classes, CGL issues
> and the wrong color of some button I guess it would make more sense
> fixing functionality issues

I don't think so. Do we want to keep the mistakes once made untill v5.0?
The longer we wait to fix, the more extensions will rely on this, the
more dependencies will be built and the more difficult it will become to
get rid of those.

I think it would be a good idea to keep the old files but mark them
deprecated and don't upgrade them anymore. The people have to use the
new files anyway.

We could build some kind of Ajax, generating a LOG-message telling the
file is deprecated, like we do in PHP-files.

I thought 4.4 will be some kind of a "make-it-solid"-build and I think
fixing those mistakes fits in there perfectly.

Regards,

Felix Oertel
typo3felix.de