[TYPO3-core] RFC #13283: Thumbnail generation broken for PDF files

Steffen Ritter info at rs-websystems.de
Fri Feb 26 13:41:05 CET 2010

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
> Hi Benni,
>
> Benjamin Mack schrieb:
>> Hey Steffen,
>>
>> On 26.02.10 13:04, Steffen Kamper wrote:
>>> So how can you reproduce that pdf's are called without frame?
>> well, thumbs.php does its own logic and probably should be rewritten
>> to use t3lib_stdGraphic as it duplicated quite some code.
>>
>> The problem here is not for thumbs.php (can be found in the filelist)
>> but in the frontend, where thumbs.php isn't used (AFAIK).
>>

> ok. But checking this (i think you talk about
> t3lib_stdGraphic::imageMagickConvert the logic for pdf's should be there
> (using frame) and not at the end of the row.
>
> btw - i always got the output, reason for this patch was #12341 where
> only the calling was changed.
OK might be confusion, even the rfc titel. thumps.php is working again.
image generation in frontend is not for multi-page pdfs. Furthermore
framePrepend logic from Installtool prevents multipage PDFs from beeing
rendered since they need a frame. That's why we bypassed it.

We probably should think about dropping the noFramePrepend option, since
it just has been invented for one broken IM 5.x version (as far as the
install tool states)

regards

Steffen