[TYPO3-core] RFC #13647: Bug: mulitlanguage CONTENT.select on tablepages

Stephan Lucas sl at not-only-pixel.de
Thu Feb 25 11:53:06 CET 2010

JoH asenau wrote:
>> Pages are treated different, since there is a real overlay table.
>> So if you want to get CONTENT with translated pages, you just have to
>> make sure to fetch stuff from the correct table:
>>
>> 10 = CONTENT
>> 10 {
>>     table = pages_language_overlay
>
> Sorry - have to correct myself here - this should not work due to
> restrictions of CONTENT currently discussed in another thread at typo3.dev
>
> So maybe we should/could merge these tasks?

Lesser restrictions in CONTENT.table could solve this issue to some
people. But in my mind this is not the best solution. Your hint with an
additional behaviour should be the best.

There is already a behavor for language overlay: languageField =
sys_language_uid. Maybe it could used for this.

If i can free some time i will try to implement this. Meanwhile can
someone close the butracker issue because you are right this is more a
feature than a bug. An the fix is a hack..

Regards,
Stephan