[TYPO3-core] RFC #13470: Session/Login not working in IE8 across subdomains

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Wed Feb 24 21:16:02 CET 2010

Georg Ringer schrieb am 24.02.2010 20:59:
> Am 24.02.2010 20:47, schrieb Ernesto Baschny [cron IT]:
>> - TYPO3-4_1 (rev. 7030), will be (maybe) in 4.1.14.
>
> there can't be any 4.1 because also this version isn't supported
> anymore! The latest security release are also done >= 4.2 so there is
> IMO absolutly no chance for a 4.1.x
>
> Georg
> PS: can the 4.1. branch be locked somehow?

We core team will support 4.1 as long as 4.4 is not yet released. This
is what the version matrix [1] shows us and also what the maintainence
policy states [2].

I consider "browser fixes" as a critical fix, which is I why I also
patched 4.1. In fact there were 5 other fixes since 4.1.13 already in
the branch, mostly related to browser compatibility, PHP 5.3
compatibility and regressions of security fixes.

The discussion about 4.1.14 is still going on, but I am pretty sure we
should release it soon (of course including the latests security fixes).

About "locking SVN branches", I don't we need that. As long as a core
developer wants to commit something to an older branch, its up to his
will and we should be "thankful" for this. If the fix is ever going to
be released is another issue and depends on our policy and also the
release managers.

Cheers,
Ernesto

[1] http://typo3.org/download/version-matrix/