[TYPO3-core] RFC #13283: Thumbnail generation broken for PDF files

Steffen Ritter info at rs-websystems.de
Mon Feb 22 08:28:54 CET 2010

Florian Schaeffer schrieb:
> Hi Benni,
>
> Benjamin Mack schrieb:
>> Hey,
>>
>> version 6 takes care of the PDF issue, updates the header comment and
>> is better to read.
>>
>> All the best,
>> Benni.
>>

> as already posted in Mantis the new version isn't working...
>
> There used to be a blank between input and output parameter which you
> omitted in the last patch, causing the new version to not generate any
> previews at all.
>
> How to reproduce: clear page cache, clear typo3temp/pics, preview the
> new page containing pdf-previews. The page gets created without any
> images at all.
>
> so it has to be
>
> $cmd = t3lib_div::imageMagickCommand('convert', $params . ' ' .
> $this->wrapFileName($input) . $frame . ' ' .$this->wrapFileName($output));
>
> HTH
> Florian
That's indeed true, we did not catch this in v5.
This happened, since I removed . ' '. in v4 and moved the blank into the
frame variable, wenn Benni restructured code in v5, he missed it, I gave
my OK on and v6 was produced out of it without further thinking :) to
many versions of different graphic-patches yesterday evening.

attached is the corrected version

regards

Steffen