[TYPO3-core] RFC #13283: Thumbnail generation broken for PDF files

Steffen Ritter info at rs-websystems.de
Sun Feb 21 19:40:36 CET 2010

Steffen Ritter schrieb:
> Benjamin Mack schrieb:
>> Hey team,
>>
>> this is a SVN patch request.
>>
>> Type: bugfix
>>
>> Branch: 4.3, trunk
>>
>> BT reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=13283
>>
>> Problem:
>> Due the patch with report 0012341, the generation of thumbnails for
>> PDF files does not work anymore. The problem is the missing frame
>> parameter in the GraphicsMagick call.
>>
>> The following line was added in the function imageMagickExec (
>> t3lib/class.t3lib_stdgraphic.php):
>>
>> $frame = $frame ? '['.intval($frame).']' : '';
>>
>> This means the frame parameter will not be added, if the frame number
>> is 0 or empty. This is a problem for PDF files, causing GraphicsMagick
>> to hang and creating an image for each page of the PDF.
>>
>> Solution:
>> Make it right by adding the frame parameter by checking if it is
>> "numeric".
>>
>> All the best,
>> Benni.
>>
> I think the mixed values of the parameter are wrong (as Xavier already
> stated)
> I attached a cleaner solution, with fixed doc-comments.
>

> regards
>
> Steffen

Further Update:
Multipage-PDF's are still broken in FE if im_noFramePrepended is set in
install Tool.
Reasion is, that Multipage PDFs HAVE to use a frame.
There are two possibilities:
  - discard pdf support when using the noFramePrepended Parameter
  - discard the noFramePrepended parameter for PDF files.

I decided to use the second variant. it's attached in v4

regards

Steffen