[TYPO3-core] RFC #13580: htmlArea RTE: Extjize the RTE

Steffen Ritter info at rs-websystems.de
Sun Feb 21 17:23:29 CET 2010

Stanislas Rolland schrieb:
> Hey Benni,
>>
>> I agree with the others. Feel free to commit the changes (as long
>> they're only concerning the RTEhtmlarea extension) to trunk.
> Thanks. Committed to trunk (revision 6940).
>>
>> I feel like this is such a big change that this should be "version
>> 2.0" for the RTE,
> Yes. I will increase the version number when the transformation is
> complete.
>  or even consider making the RTE more standalone, so we
>> could even promote it as the mightiest ExtJS RTE out there, what do
>> you think?
> Perhaps. But my immediate priority will be to complete this work in the
> current environment.
>
> Kind regards,
> Stan
HI Stan,
I just tested following problems I have:

If I want to apply an text style this does not work. Furthermore on
every select, the possible "text-styles" are attached to the
"select-box", but old ones are not removed --> after 10 select the list
is quite long.
If "unselect" the text while the selectbox is opened I do not have any
chance to close it again, until I select some text again, and then use
the "closebutton".

The resizing does not work quite good for me. Releasing the mousebutton
does not stop the resizing in most cases. Once I lowered the height, I'm
not able to increase it again, only width-adaptions are possible in both
directions.

So far my tests... Besides this: looks promising ;)

regards

Steffen