[TYPO3-core] RFC: #10533: Allow predefined setting for "extended view" in list module

Steffen Ritter info at rs-websystems.de
Sun Feb 21 16:29:50 CET 2010

Georg Ringer schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> this is a new version of the patch as the last one doesn't work anymore!
>
> I completly removed the checkbox "Secondary option" to get a bit cleaner
> backend with less options spread all over the place!
>
> The only setting is now inside the settings of the user (as already done
> in the previous version of the patch).
>
> A user can set the checkbox there or an admin can set the value for the
> user(s) by using TS like
>
> setup.default.extendedView = 1
> setup.override.extendedView = 1
>
> IMO those settings are enough and clear
>
> Georg

-1 for v5

the patch does not do what the rfc asks for: The original RFC wanted to
introduce the ability to preconfigure LIST-modules checkboxes for
extended view to give the ability to force users to extended or normal view.

Your v5 is about "secondary options" palettes in the records themselves.
It works, I like it. But it's the wrong rfc.

If you open an own RFC for this you'll get my +1 reading and testing there.

regards

Steffen