[TYPO3-core] RFC#12841, Menu Update broken in EM when Using translated Backend

Steffen Ritter info at rs-websystems.de
Sun Feb 21 15:36:16 CET 2010

Francois Suter schrieb:
> Hi,
>
>> 0012021 introduced labels in Extension Manager.
>> Sadly in Revision 6042 introduced labels for fixed configuration flags
>> as you can see in lines 4001ff on
>> http://forge.typo3.org/repositories/diff/typo3v4-core/trunk/typo3/mod/tools/em/class.em_index.php?rev=6042
>>
>> [^]
>>
>> If this config flags are translated, EM for shure cannot react to them
>> correctly and so - if using translations - for example won't update you
>> module menu.
>>
>> I did a patch "reverting" these lines. See patch attached.
>
> I finally could reproduce the bug with the information provided by
> Steffen G.
>
> Now the patch is not satisfying. As mentioned in the bugtracker report
> (and contrary to what was said in this thread), the flags *are*
> displayed in two places (just search for "flags" in the
> class.em_index.php code).
>
> So what needs to be done is:
>
> 1) indeed remove localization of the flags as proposed by the patch
> 2) reinstate localization of the flags when they are printed out (see
> lines 3161-3164 and 3447)
> 3) what's more, the patch is targeted only at the flags related to
> ext_tables.php, but the same issue also happens with ext_localconf.php
> (see the lines just below the current patch, 4103-4107). Although this
> doesn't seem to cause problems, it should still be handled the same way.
>
> I don't have time to provide a better patch, but I promise I'll review
> any improved one ;-)
>
> Cheers

Hey Francois,
in my opinion we should just fix it.
1. changing the code not to use the value of the flags (which are needed
to work correctly) but an own ll-label is a kind of feature introduction.

2. the EM is reworked atm. So this only applies in 4.3. There it is not
working. So I would say. Just revert the wrong translation of the flags
in 4.3 so that the EM ist working correctly again.

regards

Steffen