[TYPO3-core] RFC #12182: Add some flash messages to EM (part 2)

Steffen Kamper ks at dislabs.de
Fri Feb 19 23:53:35 CET 2010

Hi,

Francois Suter schrieb:
> Hi,
>
>> Don't know.. maybe modify the code simulate an error (place TRUE || in
>> the ifs)?
>
> I guess you can force at least some errors by removing write rights on
> the typo3conf/ext folder for example.
>
>> Think this part is not covered by Steffen's refactoring...
>
> Isn't it a complete refactoring? I guess it would be good to have
> Steffen K's input here, because - as I remarked a while ago - this part
> of the EM is really ugly. It stands out even more with this patch (not
> your fault).

it looks like we refactor the complete one. As you already saw, the code
of EM is ugly. I seperate logic from output, and of course all messages
will be rendered with flashmessage or ExtJs if it's result of an Ajax call.

I think it's worth to wait 2-3 weeks until we did the most of
restructure so you see where we end, and concentrate on other issues for
the moment. You can observe the progress in svn, again anyone is invited
to participate, even for testing only or commenting.

vg Steffen