[TYPO3-core] RFC #13568: ExtDirect - API generator should built absolute links

Steffen Kamper ks at dislabs.de
Wed Feb 17 22:31:34 CET 2010

Hi,

Francois Suter schrieb:
> Hi Stefan,
>
>> Problem:
>> The ExtDirect API generator should generate absolute links to be able to
>> work from backend modules or frontend plugins. Otherwise you will get 404
>> errors.
>
> Two remarks:
>
> 1) I haven't really followed this ExtDirect API yet (unfortunately) but
> I'm wondering how you are hoping to call ajax.php from the FE? This is a
> BE script, which goes through init.php which includes - in particular -
> BE authentication. Or has something been changed in ajax.php?

that's true, but you can call ajax.php from modules, so there is no
"BackPath". Absolut url is the best solution.

> 2) There's actually an API to build absolute links:
> t3lib_div::locationHeaderUrl()

that's the good thing when many eyes look on code ;)

Attached new version including my +1 on reading and testing.

If you want see ExtDirect in action, check the extension manager
improvements project, i already use it (including this patch)

vg Steffen