[TYPO3-core] RFC #13258: Bugfix: TYPO3 4.2 should work on PHP 5.1 again

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Tue Feb 16 11:51:42 CET 2010

This is an SVN patch request.

Type: Bugfix

Bugtracker references:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=13258

Branches: TYPO3_4-2

Problem:
TYPO3 v4.2 was developed with PHP 5.1 in mind, because some major
commercial Linux distributions (RedHat, CentOS) which long time support
still ship with it.

With the minor release of 4.2.11 we broke that rule, by introducing a
"filter_var()" function to fix a regression to a security fix (rev. 6408
[1], RFC #12324 [2]).

This broke several sites that tried to upgrade, which end up downgrading
back to 4.2.10.

Solution:
The filter_var() function can be replaced by a simple "parse_url" and
checking if the "scheme" is set. This is a valid replacement, because
after all this is what PHP internally also does with filter_var (I just
checked the PHP source-code, believe me).

Attached patch does that.

I also checked that change with our latests unit tests (in trunk), as
this functionality is covered by unit tests, and all passed with successed.

Cheers,
Ernesto

[1] http://forge.typo3.org/repositories/revision/typo3v4-core/6408
[2] http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=12324