[TYPO3-core] FYI #13529: DISTINCT should not be used as a function

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Sat Feb 13 11:26:14 CET 2010

Hi,

FYI following patch was committed as nobrainer to trunk (rev. 6897) and 4-3 (rev. 6898).

Type: Bugfix when using DBAL, nobrainer

Bugtracker reference:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=13529

Branches: trunk, 4-3

Problem:
While working on #13528, I searched in Core if DISTINCT keyword in query was sometimes wrongly written as a function:

SELECT DISTINCT(field)

instead of the valid definition:

SELECT DISTINCT field

which happens quite often in extensions and is not detected as long as DBAL is not used as MySQL silently understands it anyway.

Additional information:
I tested a few extensions I had at hand and reported in their corresponding bugtrackers the problem:

- RealURL (#12846, http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=12846)
- Addresses (#6457, http://forge.typo3.org/issues/show/6457)

--
Xavier Perseguers