[TYPO3-core] FYI: #13448: typo in BE cache init section

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Fri Feb 12 18:40:53 CET 2010

Hey.

Christian Kuhn wrote:
> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>> bad catch. $typo3CacheFactory is the later used
>> $GLOBALS['typo3CacheFactory'] which is not obvious reading init.php,
>> and it's a Singleton, so no unset needed.
>>
>> Reverted the Follow-up in trunk rev 6883 and 4_3 rev 6884
>
> Thanks for taking care. I was just digging into this, too, but it
> doesn't fatal for me (yep. using caching framework), and I must admit
> that I don't exactly understand what happens there. Why can we unset the
> factory without problems then, it's a singleton as well?

Turns out unsetting singleton $typo3CacheFactory is a bad idea as well,
thanks to Masi enlightening us with $GLOBALS handling in php ...

Attached patch reverts this too, no more unset is done now.

Patch will be committed to 4.3 and trunk in 24 hours if nobody objects.

Lesson learned: Never ever commit something as no-brainer FYI again if
I'm not really 100% sure about side-effects.

Thanks
Christian