[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug #13508: Use exec_TRUNCATETABLEquery() instead of DELETE FROM throughout the core

Oliver Klee typo3-german-02 at oliverklee.de
Thu Feb 11 12:28:53 CET 2010

Hi,

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
> 1) integrate truncate in DELETE, but don't do it automatic, add a
> parameter eg $useTruncate = TRUE so we don't have magic but control
>
> 2) use a new function for truncate
>
> 3) mix 1) and 2) and use TRUNCATE function inside delete when flag is true

+1 for 2).

(Adding a parameter to an existing function to make it do something
different instead of adding a new, clearly named function is confusing
IMHO. We already have too many too long functions with too many
parameters which makes theses functions very hard to unit-test and to
maintain.)

Oli
--
Certified TYPO3 Integrator | TYPO3 Security Team Member