[TYPO3-core] RFC #13074: Feature: stdWrap for inclusion of CSS and JS files via pageRenderer

Steffen Kamper ks at dislabs.de
Sun Feb 7 18:05:24 CET 2010

Hi Joey,

JoH asenau schrieb:

> I still don't get, why we need stdWrap as param at all - be it with or
> without additionalParams as a prefix.
>
> includeJS {
>     file1 = fileadmin/template/test.js
>     file1 {
>         wrap = <!-- test | -->
>         if {
>             isTrue.field = makejswrap
>         }
>     }
> }
>
> IMHO this should be the way to go, since the other way reminds me of the
> differences between HTML (value w/stdWrap) and TEXT (value +  stdWrap),
> which has been always confusing for many people.
>
> Just push the value of any includeJS.blah through stdWrap and make a
> prominent notice about it in the docs - that's all.

i don't like that, and it has drawbacks: we need cObj all the time in
pageRenderer which slows down, as it's not easy to differentiate.

The "direct" stdWrap in TS only exists in TEXT, all others need
stdWrap.bla. This is inconsistent anyway and confuses many users, as the
TEXT object mostly is the first one they use, and they use same syntax
with other objects and fail.

Good comparison here is TMENU where you also have an "allWrap" and an
"stdWrap" for special operation.

vg Steffen