[TYPO3-core] RFC #13377: Feature: Provide a manual for system extension saltedpasswords

Oliver Hader oliver at typo3.org
Mon Feb 1 17:23:55 CET 2010

Hi Marcus,

Am 31.01.10 21:13, schrieb Marcus Krause:
> Am 31.01.2010 19:51, schrieb Andreas Otto:
>> Hi Markus,
>>
>> Nice manual.
>>
>> +1 by reading the manual.
>
> After reading again through the manual, some wordings seemed to be odd.
> Find attached version 1 with a few adjustments.

Thanks! +1 by reading

I'd like to see another note integrated that clearifies what will
happen, when the hashing-method "blowfish" is used and a TYPO3
installation will be moved to another server that does not support
blowfish encryption. Thus, to stay compatible with other systems, I
should be recommended to use the default PHP password hashing.

olly
--
Oliver Hader
TYPO3 Release Manager 4.3