[TYPO3-core] RFC #13245 make "checkbox" default value for accessListRenderMode in install tool

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Thu Dec 30 15:35:06 CET 2010

Hi Simon,

thanks for sending the RFC.

 > Problem:
 > Default is a multiselectbox.
 > Advantage: it uses only little space
 > Disadvantage: you HAVE TO hold down the control or shift key to select
 > multiple items and make sure, you leave it when scrolling and pressing
 > it again for selecting. If you forget to press control key again, the
 > whole selection is gone. This can be a big pain so better change it.
Could you please try to describe a bit better, what the effect of the
change would be?

The change results in a different rendering of the select boxes in
be_groups configuration (see attached screen shots).
I would also prefer it this way, as it's IMHO better usable and you
don't deselect by accident.
The same presentation is already used for the "Explicitly allow/deny
field values" and "Limit to languages" settings.

So I'm totally fine with the settings in "Access List" tab.
Downside of this change would be that also the Subgroups and File mounts
fields are rendered this way, which can be pretty awkward, if you have
some hundreds of them.

Instead I would render them as the normal two-side select box, which is
used everywhere. Attached patch does this.

So I'm +1 by reading and testing.

Note: Should afterwards be adopted in workspaces/version TCA, too.

Kind regards
Steffen

--
Steffen Gebert