[TYPO3-core] FYI: #16780: PHP warning in any system BE module

Lorenz Ulrich lorenz-typo3 at visol.ch
Thu Dec 30 14:21:51 CET 2010

Hi there

As far as I can see, the problem is the strict operator for preg_match.
preg_match returns the number of matches, 0 and not false if there are
no matches:

0 !== FALSE

will be true, while

0 != FALSE (as it was before the patch)

will be false.

In contrary, strpos returns FALSE if needle could not be found.

So I think the strict operator must be reverted for preg_match. Will you
post a follow-up or should I open an issue and provide a patch?

Lorenz