[TYPO3-core] RFC #16231: Bug: mail not sent if safe mode is on

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Thu Dec 30 13:28:10 CET 2010

Hey.

On 12/20/2010 09:44 AM, Peter Beernink wrote:
> On 18-12-2010 23:21, Jigal van Hemert wrote:
>> but I don't think we need to put an
>> entry in the syslog just because safe mode is on. I would say, if
>> safe_mode is on just forget the 5th parameter.
>
> I agree. Would indeed only fill up the log.

First I think we should still fix this issue at least in 4.4, even if
the swift mailer is used as default transport in 4.5.

Attached a version with some changes:
- The log was removed if safe_mode is enabled and additionalParameters
is given, it's now just unset silently.
- The patch now uses is_null instead of empty to test for
additionalParameters.
- For 4.4 the filter_var test for safe_mode detection from 4.5 is used.

+1 on reading and testing.

I'll commit this version to 4.4 and 4.5 in a few days if nobody objects.

Regards
Christian