[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug #15853: Improve the look of admin panel

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Mon Dec 27 15:21:26 CET 2010

Hey guys,

This is a SVN patch request.

Type: Bugfix, styling
Bugtracker reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=15853
Branch: trunk

Problem:
Currently admin panel has several problems:
- it looks bad
- it is injected after the end of the content
- text inside cannot be selected because of dragging
- a lot of hard-coded styles
- a lot of repeating junk markup
- PHP code is very unclean

Solution:
The attached patch gives the admin panel the same look as t3skin has.
All colors, fonts and other styles are removed from the PHP code and
moved to the stylesheet file. Generic styles are given to the admin
panel to allow customization of the look in other skins. All icons are
also taken from the skin.

Additional Notes:
- This patch was mainly developed by Dmitry and his work was sponsored
by Snowflake Productions Gmbh. I've followed along and updated the
styling after some design team suggestions and added styling for the TS Log.
- This issue has been discussed by the design team at [1]. Once final
icons are available, I'll update from my rough ones.  In the meantime,
unzip the icons at typo3/sysext/t3skin/images/arrows/
- Due to some weird VM issues, I have not been able to test in IE7.  IE6
doesn't look perfect but looks OK and IE8 is good, so I expect IE7 will
be fine too but if someone could test it out that would be helpful.

Thanks!
Jeff