[TYPO3-core] RFC #16845: Better API for Update Wizards in the Install Tool

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Mon Dec 27 11:38:31 CET 2010

Hey,

On 27.12.10 10:44, Steffen Gebert wrote:
>>> If you have problems with applying, I can commit in ~1 hour.
>> please do so. Comments on my other comments?
> Okay, will do after playing mechanic for some time now..
>
> I agree with all your comments and also miss an automatic last step "DB
> Compare". Benni told me that this is only the first part, so we'll see,
> what's already on his list.
yes, it's the "first" part but this only means that it's a start and of
course, that there are tons of improvements for this area of the Install
Tool.

I also had some remarks in my first email, but none of them have been
coded yet, so everybody feel free to enhance this area (don't know how
much should be done for 4.5 though, as the last beta is here soon).

I'd love to actually extract all the update wizard logic from tx_install
into EXT:install/Classes/Controller/UpdateWizardController.php --- let's
go with the FLOW :)

All the best,
Benni.