[TYPO3-core] RFC #16842: Add Canadian French language to TYPO3 core

Stanislas Rolland typo3 at sjbr.ca
Sun Dec 26 17:08:14 CET 2010

Hi Steffen,

> What is with the flag / sprite, does it display right?
Would be nice, but is not essential. I could add qc.png, but do not know
where to find the specs for the qc-overlay.png required in
t3skin/images/flags.

> And one other thing - having it as new language we also get a new
> language on translation server,
Yes.

but it's french, right?
No. It will be known to TYPO3 as 'qc'.

I don't know how
> it's handled, but we have some countries with same language, but
> different translations, how is this handled, or am i wrong?
The translations server does not care about countries, only TYPO3
language codes, in this case 'qc'.

Generally, it would be nice to be able to define double fallback qc ->
fr -> default (or br -> pt -> default). Perhaps in 4.6...

Regards,
Stan