[TYPO3-core] RFC #16842: Add Canadian French language to TYPO3 core

Stanislas Rolland typo3 at sjbr.ca
Sun Dec 26 01:06:36 CET 2010

Hey Benni,

> this is indeed great news, but I though that there was a problem since
> Canadian French has a 4/5 digit language code or something along these
> lines?

This is not a problem. TYPO3 uses 2 digits language codes. For example,
TYPO3 already supports Brazilian Portuguese with language code 'br'. Of
course, there is no such ISO language code. The same way I think is it
legitimate to use 'qc' as TYPO3 language code for Canadian French.

t3lib_cs has an array to do the conversion to the ISO codes: 'br' to
'pt_BR' and 'qc' to 'fr_CA'. I will also update the static_languages
table later this week.

Regards,
Stan