[TYPO3-core] FYI24 #16841: Fix issues with topbar "in workspace"

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Sat Dec 25 22:01:48 CET 2010

Hi!

The following changes will be committed in 24h, if nobody objects

Type: Bugfix

Bugtracker reference:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=16841

Branches:
trunk

Problem:
The current technique, which shows that a user is in a workspace, is
based on 3
box-shadow: inset
for the topbar.

This causes major performance problems with Webkit-based browsers, as
they seem to be no able to handle such exaggerated usage ;-)
Also the rendering looks different in Firefox compared to other browsers.

Solution:
Use three overlapping images

Note:
See skin team issue http://forge.typo3.org/issues/10746, screen shots
are also there.

This is the status, which I reached together with Lars last week. Jens
had some objections against the design of this status indicator. As an
other solution (a 10px tall orange bar on top of the topbar) was not
implementable, as Lars and I like this version and as Jens was not
reachable for Lars the last ~2 weeks, we decided that this is the way to go.

Kind regards
Steffen

--
Steffen Gebert