[TYPO3-core] RFC: #16836: Remove useless alertbox

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Fri Dec 24 14:13:54 CET 2010

Hi,

Am 24.12.2010 14:05, schrieb Jigal van Hemert:
> Hi,
>
> On 24-12-2010 13:53, Rens Admiraal wrote:
>> The only situation it occurs is not in TYPO3 core itself, but in a 3rd
>> party extension which uses this method. It seems not to be used in core
>> at all (at least this grep result points into that direction):
>
> This gives an uneasy feeling:
> - why is it in the core?
> - which extension(s) rely on it?
> - can it be removed without making the extension fail?
> - why should it be removed if it doesn't bother anyone normally?

i think this was used years ago, but nowadays it makes no sense at all.
Also all what it does is
document[TBE_EDITOR.formname][theField].value = RTEcontent;

and using RTE it's not needed at all. So i'm for remove the complete
function.

I don't believe that any extension use this, and if so, the extension
does some "hacky" things imho.

vg Steffen