[TYPO3-core] RFC #16777: Bug: Test failure in t3lib_extmgmTest if tests are located in typo3_src/tests/ instead of tests/

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Mon Dec 20 14:44:37 CET 2010

Hey,

On 12/19/2010 10:02 PM, Steffen Gebert wrote:
>> Bugtracker references:
>> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=16777
>>
>> The tests need to take both path variants into account.
>
> committed to trunk rev. 9854 and 4-4 rev. 9855 after my +1 by reading
> and testing

Another post +1 on reading and testing.

Remark: In latest version of #16134 we determine the path to fixtures
with a relative dirname(__FILE__) of the test script, which should work,
too.  The only difference to this case here is that relative a path from
document root and not an absolute pathis needed.

Anyway, it's unfortunate that determining file fixtures is so much
hassle for typo3/ and t3lib/ tests, while it's much more simple for
extension tests using t3lib_extMgm::extPath(). We need to find some
smarter solution in the long run.

Regards
Christian