[TYPO3-core] RFC #15959 media element has problems with spaces in path

Bjoern Pedersen bjoern.pedersen at frm2.tum.de
Mon Dec 20 08:43:01 CET 2010

Am 17.12.2010 22:37, schrieb Steffen Kamper:
> Hi,
>
> Am 17.12.2010 12:44, schrieb Bjoern Pedersen:
>> Am 17.12.2010 11:46, schrieb Steffen Kamper:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> just tested with a file "Jonathan's Presentation Final.flv" - works
>>> without patch.
>>>
>>> vg Steffen
>> Yes, that's a flash video. This is the default. Try it with  another
>> media type. I encoutered the while trying to embed a pdf.
>>

> i can't see the relation with fileext at this point.
> btw - pdf with media?
>
> vg Steffen

The problem is in the check for the fileinfo, which gets not done. This
causes all the defaults to trigger, which results in an swf object
(which is correct for a flv)
And pdf with media is the easiest way to get an <embed> for a pdf-file.
otherwise it will be treated either as image or download.

Björn