[TYPO3-core] [TYPO3-english] FYI24 #16679: Cannot login to backend at the end of 1-2-3 wizard when using Oracle

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Sun Dec 5 15:50:52 CET 2010

Hi,

Following patch will be committed in 24h if nobody objects, right after
prerequisite #16444.

Type: bugfix (nobrainer for Core)

Bugtracker reference:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=16679

Branches: trunk

Problem:
When configuring an Oracle connection with the 1-2-3 install tool
wizard, the option "Login to the backend" of the "Congratulations" page
of the wizard dies with an error message:

Database Error: It seems that MySQL support for PHP is not installed!

Additional information:
This message comes from t3lib/class.t3lib_db.php.

Problem can be solved by clearing typo3conf/temp_* files

Solution:
After digging into this, I found that by making the 1-2-3 wizard step
available to DBAL when auto-loading it, I could remove the hack with
virtual "step 0" of the wizard, use the original step 1 to autoload DBAL
and take advantage of this to merge step 0 and step 1 and thus simply
reloading the form to autoload DBAL and prevent temp_* caching file
problems.

I'm attaching only Core patch. Please have a look at bugtracker for
DBAL-related patch if you're interested.

Cheers
Xavier