[TYPO3-core] RFC: #16646: help_aboutmoules hardcoded as start up module - returns error if uninstalled

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Fri Dec 3 11:07:50 CET 2010

Hi Steffen,

Steffen Ritter schrieb:
> BUT as I mentioned in BT, the "How should TYPO3 behave to admins if they
> install the default startup module" Question, is a Usability thing to be
> discussed by the Team: Should the admin configure it manually, should
> there really be such an "unvisible fallthrough", should the be a
> system-wide default adjusable by the admin, which is used as fallback
> (and so on).
>
> Therefore after fixing the technical Bug, please consider this one not
> to be closed ;)

imo this is a second issue and should be handled seperate.
The selection of startup module should be dynamic, showing only the
installed modules. Anyways we need the fallback if user saved a startup
module and its not available at later time. And i don't think it's good
to bother here with error messages, just resolve the problem silent,
which is done with this fix.

vg Steffen