[TYPO3-core] RFC #16643: New sysext modules are placed incorrectly in the Web> module menu

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Thu Dec 2 01:21:35 CET 2010

Hi,

This is a SVN patch request.

Type: Cleanup

BT reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=16643

Branches: trunk

Problem:
Since #15794 the old "hardcoded" sysext's list, perm, func and info lost
their "fixed place" in the Web> modules menu. They now rely (like any
other extension) in t3lib_extMgm::addModule().

Since they have after:layout in its calling, they were positioned after
the "Web>Page" module. But since all had this property, they got added
in the opposite order as intended (last one is in first position).

We still don't have any other way to position modules besides "after"
and "before", which is not flexible enough. Until we have a solution, I
remove the hardcoded "after:layout" so that they get added in the order
of loading (in extList). In the dummy + intro package I will order them
correctly so that they appear after Page.

Your ordering might vary depending on when you installed those extensions.

Cheers,
Ernesto