[TYPO3-core] RFC #15794: Bug "File -> List shown even though extension not installed : Bug: "Close window and check dependencies" doesn't work anymore"

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Wed Dec 1 19:47:15 CET 2010

On 12/1/10 11:41 AM, Jeff Segars wrote:

> Haven't investigated why yet, but my module menu is completely gone when
> uninstalling filelist and applying the patch. If filelist remains
> installed and the patch is applied, then the module menu functions
> normally.
>
> More details to come :)

Alright, tracked it down.

When Filelist is uninstalled, $moduleData['sub'] is not an array and the
else case from the if statement in the patch is now hit.

Since $moduleData['sub'] isn't an array, the foreach throws a warning.
With the right (err, wrong) error handler settings the JSON output for
the module menu gets blown up :)

I guess we can handle that by doing an elseif and checking for an array
rather than just doing an else.

After that fix, +1 on reading and testing.

Thanks,
Jeff