[TYPO3-core] RFC #16609: Usability: labels improvements - Enable frontend preview needs to be changed

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Wed Dec 1 11:36:53 CET 2010

Steffen Ritter schrieb am 01.12.2010 11:08:
> Am 01.12.2010 10:58, schrieb François Suter:
>> Hi,
>
> Hi, too,
>
>>> So no checkbox or "option" required in my opinion. The user just gets
>>> what he expects in the different situations.
>>
>> It would be good to hear the workspaces' team opinion on that. The
>> current patch stemmed from one of my requests to finally try and change
>> that "Enable frontend preview" option which I find so confusing. But I
>> fear that the solution was too simple. And maybe the corresponding
>> changes in the workspaces sysext should be reverted. We can try to have
>> something better for beta3.
>
> All these things about "how the preview in different places and
> configuration should behave" has been discussed very broad in the
> workspaces team. This includes versioning only, workspaces, the
> different "enable xy" possibilities, click from listview etc.
>
> There has been a consens about this, which is reflected in all that
> changes. I may not say that there has not been missed something, but as
> this "group" is the stakeholder of versioning and workspaces and "some"
> responsible guys are involved in that discussions (including Steffen K.,
> Olly and Benni) i would use the decided way to go as given - at least
> for Beta2.
>
> Furthermore I would like to invite you to our Next Team Meeting at
> 13.12. where you could tell all your concerns and your thoughts about
> it, and reopen the dicussion about this, and whe could introduce you in
> our thoughts and what has been the main points in the
> decision-finding-process which took us very very long.
>
> What do you think?

Maybe if would help if you or the team could just write down what was
decided exactly about the different ways of getting to a "Preview",
maybe it would help us outsiders to understand the "new way".

Bug I guess regardless of your decision, changing that existing label is
still a no-go for the reasons Francois and I mentioned, maybe you could
clarify if that is ok for you.

Cheers,
Ernesto