[TYPO3-core] RFC: #15585: Introducing t3lib_div::getObjectEnv($input) and t3lib_div::getType ($input)

David Bruchmann typo3-team-core at bruchmann-web.de
Mon Aug 30 10:04:08 CEST 2010

Hi Helmut,

thanks for your explanations.

> So this RFC is dropped, right?
>
> Looking forward to the new debug class. Btw.: Maybe you could look at
> FLOW3's implementation of var_dump()[1].

Yes the RFC can be dropped.

Concerning FLOW3 there are a lot of framework-dependent features, this
isn't usable in general scope, nevertheless perhaps I find some lines I
can use.
In the moment I have one problem with debugging classes, perhaps you've
an idea for a solution:

retriving methods and other properties of classes with official
php-methods seems hiding private and protected properties, but these are
shown when the class is debugged by var_dump or print_r.
In general I could parse the var_dump to get all the information but
this may be very time- and memory-wasting with the result that the
output just will be stopped.

Best Regards,
David