[TYPO3-core] RFC: #15589: Move debug functions to own utility class

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Mon Aug 30 08:17:49 CEST 2010

Hi Steffen,

> BT reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=15589
>
> As the debug functions get better and featurerich, there are many
> advantages if they reside in an own utility class.
>
> The patch moved the debug functions from t3lib_div into a new class
> t3lib_ utility_Debug. The code was CGL cleaned and old functions are
> wrapper functions only.

What about adjusting the naming schema? Naming of debug_ordvalue and
debugRows use contrary concepts. Shouldn't we move over to lowerCamelCase?
I can even imageine removing the "debug" part of the functions, as the
class name includes "Debug".

> The debug class is not final and has a XCLASS signature.
But this doesn't change anything, as you can't override static functions ;-)

 > const·DEBUG_TABLE_TEMPLATE·=·'
Nice to have it in a class variable. Do you aim to change this template?
Then we mustn't declare it as const and provide a setter method (and
declare it as static? Don't know.. I'm more into C# currently). But I'm
undecided on this.

Kind regards
Steffen

--