[TYPO3-core] RFC #15508: Remove dependencies to 'typo3' and 'php' from sysexts

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Wed Aug 25 23:00:01 CEST 2010

On 25-8-2010 22:03, Steffen Gebert wrote:
> Problem:
> Most sysexts require a specific TYPO3 version (should be 4.5.0, often is
> 4.4.0 for trunk), some require at least a specific PHP version (mostly
> 5.1.0), some require a TYPO3 version below 4.4.99.

If a sysext is meant for a certain version a lot of problems with people
copying extensions from one installation to another can be prevented by
requiring the correct TYPO3 version.

For a PHP version I can imagine that someday a new super-de-luxe version
of a sysext is created which requires a very recent version of PHP,
while the previous version is still shipped for older, still supported
versions of PHP.
In that case it would be good to require the correct version.

I would like to see the possibility to check for PHP modules in an
extension. EM could require PHP-soap, etc.
But that is just a personal opinion.

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert