[TYPO3-core] RFC #15508: Remove dependencies to 'typo3' and 'php' from sysexts

Stefan Galinski stefan.galinski at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 22:55:52 CEST 2010

Steffen Gebert wrote:

> Am 25.08.10 22:27, schrieb Steffen Gebert:
>> Thanks for your fast review and yes, I mixed those to places up (first
>> started to just update dependencies) and also forgot 3 extensions
>> completely.
>>
>> v2 is verified by grep to not contain 'typo3' or 'php'
>
> .. sometimes even the easiest things seem to be impossible ;-)
>
> v3 without a parse error in aboutmodules
>
> Kind regards
> Steffen

Hi Steffen,

+1 by reading, but I would also remove the cms dependency. This extension is
always loaded by default (see the requiredExt setting).

Everybody who tries to use an upstream version of a TYPO3 system extension
needs to test it carefully anyway. I don't think that the minimum required
version was ever updated if a breaking change was added that relates on an
upstream feature.

--
Stefan Galinski