[TYPO3-core] RFC #15108: Bug/Code cleanup: .htaccess cleanups

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Tue Aug 24 13:29:23 CEST 2010

Steffen Gebert schrieb am 24.08.2010 13:15:
> Am 24.08.10 13:02, schrieb Markus Klein:
>
>> as issue #15504 has now been committed, I reworked this patch to work
>> again (v4 now).
>> Although the rules had been formatted nicely I stick to my statement
>> that there shouldn't be rules inside the Installer.

> RMs, what do you think?

I think refering to the settings in our provided htaccess is enough. I
would also point to the _.htaccess in the dummy package, as this is what
most users will start with:

	IMPORTANT: this feature requires extra .htaccess rules to work (please
refer to misc/advanced.htaccess or the _.htaccess file from the dummy
package)

+1 on that change.

Remove the patch to NEWS.txt thou, as we'll update the whole NEWS.txt
with new stuff from 4.5 (that "versionNumberInFilename" feature was new
in 4.4).

You can patch the NEWS.txt in 4.4 branch (so that it is up-to-date when
we do a new 4.4 release).

>> Please remember to remove the _.htaccess file from the dummy package
>> as well.
> The packaging script has been overworked and now uses
> misc/advanced.htaccess to always reflect the latest changes.

Should work already today when we package 4.5alpha1. Thanks to Stucki
for that!

Cheers,
Ernesto