[TYPO3-core] RFC #15534: t3lib_div::view_array - Improve rendering of objects

David Bruchmann typo3-team-core at bruchmann-web.de
Mon Aug 23 22:14:45 CEST 2010

----- Ursprüngliche Nachricht -----
Von:        Stefan Galinski <sgalinski at df.eu>
Gesendet:   Montag, 23. August 2010 21:33:00
An:         typo3-team-core at lists.typo3.org
CC:
Betreff:    [TYPO3-core] RFC #15534: t3lib_div::view_array - Improve
rendering	of objects
> Hi,
>
> This is SVN patch request.
>
> Type: Feature
>
> Branches: trunk
>
> BT reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=15534
>
> Problem:
> At the moment only the object name is shown if the object that needs to be
> debugged hasn't a __toString method.
>
> Solution:
> Use print_r() as an alternative to show the object informations. This is for
> example really useful for the Ext Direct debugging feature.

Concerning the debug function handling isn't very well at all.

Once I proposed another kind of handling:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=11680

My proposition had to be changed a bit to be integrated in t3lib_div,
perhaps even as debug2() or something else - as alternative instead of
replacing, but all types are handled correct and output looks fine even
for objects.

Have a look...

Greets,
David