[TYPO3-core] RFC #15489: remove code warnings about XCLASS and naming annoyances

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon Aug 23 18:27:02 CEST 2010

Georg Ringer schrieb am 23.08.2010 09:39:

> Am 19.08.2010 14:32, schrieb Franz Holzinger:
>> Problem:
>> The EM gives information containing code warnings and naming annoyances.
>> A normal user will get frightened by such warning messages. So they will
>> send emails to the extension authors. It is not the task of the EM to
>> show this information.
>
> First of all this information is shown only to administrators and not
> "normal users".

A "normal admin" is not a developer. And I don't think this is useful
information for an admin also. Only the developer is interested in
seeing this (and other developers which might need to XCLASS something).

> But besides the div2007 extension the warnings need to be overworked as
> extensions based on extbase get listed too.

The problem is if you have an extension tree, you cannot XCLASS a base
class. It doesn't make sense and it doesn't work. This isn't only
extbase related.

E.g.:

	class tx_myext_person
	class tx_myext_boss extends tx_myext_person

Now imagine a XCLASS in tx_myext_person (to keep current EM happy):

In my code I do makeInstance(tx_myext_boss) and never
makeInstance(tx_myext_person) (maybe it is even an abstract base class).
So there is no way of XCLASSing tx_myext_person and so no reason to have
XCLASS information added to that file.

So I agree that the EM XCLASS warnings have to either go away or its
code optimized and moved over to some helper module of extdeveval. But I
would opt for only removing it from core as soon as we have a
replacement in extdeveval. Else we end up with no check at all, which
would be sad.

So until then a -1 on the current patch, but a +1 on the general idea.
We need to get extdeveval team involved and I'll try to make the
necessary connections here. Olly Hader seems the "most active" developer
on the extdeveval front. Franz, do you mind trying to create a patch for
current extdeveval trunk to include that checks somewhere? Opening an
issue on forge for that (with patch) would sure speed up the process. [1]

Cheers,
Ernesto

[1] http://forge.typo3.org/projects/extension-extdeveval/repository