[TYPO3-core] RFC #15504: Description of TYPO3_CONF settings should allow HTML markup for readability

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Thu Aug 19 19:22:25 CEST 2010

David Bruchmann schrieb am 19.08.2010 18:55:
> Hi Ernesto,
>

>> Of course I also don't like the current format, but I don't want to wait
>> for the "major rewrite" of it to be able to have more flexibility in
>> describing the current settings. So I would rather do this "small"
>> change first, so that we at least have an improvement.
>>
>> About using locallang.xml files, the trouble is that the Install Tool
>> cannot depend on much other parts of the core when doing its job, since
>> TYPO3 might not even be installed yet. So it is a "chicken/egg" problem,
>> that it sometimes have to use a very different approach then the one we
>> know from other components of TYPO3.
>>
>> But I would be happy if someone is able to integrate locallang.xml
>> support on it, no doubt about it. This enhancement was just not the
>> scope for it.
>>

> Due to the fact that the current file is a php-file the localization
> could be done in php too. Technically it seems being a step backwards
> perhaps but so we had the possibility of html and localization without
> any problems.

Yes, could be. Maybe it could even be done in locallang.xml files (which
could be translated by our fellow friends throught the translation server).

That is all very interesting and surely a project that might get some
special attention by the 4.5 release team (*hint*), but not the thing
that I want to get fixed in this RFC. ;)

Cheers,
Ernesto