[TYPO3-core] RFC #15108: Bug/Code cleanup: .htaccess cleanups

Markus Klein m.klein at mfc-linz.at
Wed Aug 18 15:36:54 CEST 2010

Hi!

This is an SVN patch request.

Type: Bugfix and Code cleanup

Bugtracker references:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=15108

Branches:
trunk

Problem:
config_default.php contains Rewrite* statements within the description of some options.
As there's no possibility to format these descriptions they're quite hard to read. The author actually used dashes to indicate line breaks. (But a dash is a valid operator for RewriteCond)

Solution:
Remove all .htaccess code samples from config_default.php and put them into misc/advanced.htaccess.
I modified the descriptions which now refer to this file.
There's also been a small bug in advanced.htaccess with favicon.ico files.

Notes:
Please also remove the _.htaccess file from the dummy package as this file is not consistent with advanced.htaccess anymore.
Anyway I think we shouldn't have two of this files. Please also add a note to INSTALL.txt accordingly.

Regards

Markus Klein
m.klein at mfc-linz.at