[TYPO3-core] RFC #15334: Feature: Allow separate cookie domain for FE and BE

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Tue Aug 17 17:07:44 CEST 2010

Hi,

> Problem:
> Some clients run the TYPO3 BE under a different domain name for security
> reasons. This causes problems with cookie domains as it is currently
> possible to set a single one only, used by both FE and BE. The current
> workaround would be to avoid defining a cookie domain, but this is not
> secure.
>
> Solution:
> The attached patch introduces a separate cookie domain for the BE. If it
> is left blank, the "main" cookie domain is used for both FE and BE (i.e.
> the current behavior is unchanged).

Although the original patch got enough vote I prepared a new version
which takes the various comments of FE/BE into account.

I finally went along with Benni's idea:

- $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SYS']['cookieDomain'] remains and can be used to set
a domain for both BE and FE. The description has been changed accordingly

- $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['FE']['cookieDomain'] and
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['BE']['cookieDomain'] are new options which can be used
to set up different domains for FE and BE, overriding "SYS" in case it
is defined too.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter