[TYPO3-core] RFC #15457: Add support for prepared queries

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Sun Aug 15 20:33:38 CEST 2010

Am 14.08.2010 23:14, schrieb Xavier Perseguers:
> Hi,
>
> This is an SVN patch request.
>
> Type: feature
>
> Bugtracker reference:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=15457
>
> Branches: trunk
>
> Problem:
> Having support for prepared queries would allow to implement an efficient caching mechanism when
> using DBAL which would result in a huge speed improvement.
>
> It will provide a PDO-like syntax which could, in a second phase, allow TYPO3 to issue real prepared
> statements to the underlying DBMS.

I once tried to create a myslqi-driver for TYPO3, but the various management functions within
t3lib_db and the two SQL parsers got in my way. But perhaps they can be shifted around so either
mysql or PDO_mysql could be used directly (without DBAL and the necessary query rewriting).

> In addition, this RFC provides a DB abstraction that is object
> oriented, meaning, it is not necessary anymore to deal with MySQL pointers

The next steps would be to add a class for a non-prepared statement and one for an execute query (ie
a result object). In the final code t3lib_db would probably be only a wrapper class for all the new
code :)

Masi