[TYPO3-core] FYI72: Bug #15383 :[Unit tests]: Add tests for t3lib_div::validEmail

Helmut Hummel helmut at typo3.org
Fri Aug 13 23:41:42 CEST 2010

Hi,

On 12.08.10 20:35, Christian Kuhn wrote:
> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>> on my system (php 5.3.0, windows) following tests fail:
>>
>> Valid email returns true for valid mail address with data set "equal
>> sign in local part"
>> Valid email returns true for valid mail address with data set
>> "question mark in local part"
>> Valid email returns true for valid mail address with data set "dot in
>> local part"
>
> Committed attached follow-up to:
> trunk rev. 8582
> 4.4 rev. 8583
>
> How often does php change this monster regex?

If these tests fail with PHP 5.3.0 on windows, then something is wrong
with this PHP version. Commenting out these tests, will hide such
problems if someone looks for it, by executing the unittests.

Maybe I'm wrong but I think obviously correct checks which fail in some
environments should not be skipped/ dropped.

Just my 2 cents

Helmut