[TYPO3-core] RFC: #15440: isFirstPartOfStr doesn't work with non-strings

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Thu Aug 12 19:45:06 CEST 2010

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> sry - totally forgot #15002 which does the performance improvement.

Yes, and please add kudos to Michiel Roos, he was the original submitter
and did the main work.

> So i combined it, see attached v2.
> Only difference to latest solution in #15002 is the non-strict compare
> and the string cast.

+1 on reading and testing (very minor modifications attached).

After reading and benching through #15002 again, I'm fine with the two
casts: On one hand they harden the method a bit, on the other hand they
really don't cost that much, it's still much quicker than the current
solution.

Regards
Christian