[TYPO3-core] RFC #11571: Feature: tslib_pibase - function pi_loadLL - _LOCAL_LANG Keys like listView.more should also be possible in Typoscript

Gosign | Caspar Stuebs caspar at gosign.de
Thu Aug 12 17:19:46 CEST 2010

Hi,

Am 12.08.2010 09:05, schrieb Helmut Hummel:
> The patch adds more inconsistency to TypoScript, because in some places
> the dots now have another meaning. Thus, I would vote -1 for this
solution.

That is right.
But at this moment the TypoScript array will be ignored, if the value is
an array. So I do not understand why we should not add a temporary
solution to be able to use this labels in TypoScript until we found a
solution to avoid dots in locallang labels completely. (Documentation /
DeprecationLog ??)

Am 12.08.2010 12:16, schrieb bernd wilke:
>> However, why not using another seprator in TypoScript?
>>
>> _LOCAL_LANG.en.my_label_with_dots
>>
>> evaluating to "my.label.with.dots" in the XML.
>>
>> The only downside to such a solution would be that labels with
>> underscores would not work any more, but I think they're less common
>> than labels with dots (and we could implement a fallback for that
>> easily).
>
> why not use a less common character like ':', ',' or '|'?
>
> (there is a similar character substitution in TS for accessing structured
> PHP-variables.)

I completely agree that we should force to use another seperator for the
locallang labels. But for this we should also update all files within
the core, including the kickstarter.
I would use '|'.

I have created another patch, which adds a check for dots in the keys to
t3lib_div::readLLfile() and then adds a deprecation log entry.
I also marked the new function getSupportForDotsInLocallangLabels() as
deprecated.

But maybe this topic should be moved to dev list ?!?

Viele Grüsse

Caspar Stuebs
Entwicklung

***Gosign im Jahrbuch der Werbung 2009***

NEW | We web pink: www.bebegeneration.de
We web green: www.greenpeace-hamburg.de
We web baguette: www.renault-safety.com

- --

Gosign media. GmbH | We web ideas.
Lokstedter Weg 36 | 20251 Hamburg
Tel. +49 (0) 40 / 31 70 15 00 | Fax  +49 (0) 40 / 31 70 15 02
eMail caspar at gosign.de | Internet www.Gosign.de | Skype caspar.stuebs

Amtsgericht Hamburg HRB 112197 | Ust-IdNr. DE215891388
Geschäftsführung Bert Gogolin

Greenpeace energy: Gosign läuft mit ehrlichem Strom.
Diese Mail bitte nur ausdrucken, wenn es wirklich sein muss.