[TYPO3-core] RFC #11571: Feature: tslib_pibase - function pi_loadLL - _LOCAL_LANG Keys like listView.more should also be possible in Typoscript

Helmut Hummel helmut at typo3.org
Thu Aug 12 09:05:27 CEST 2010

Hi,

On 12.08.10 06:38, Gosign | Caspar Stuebs wrote:

> I also agree with the performance argument, but I think this support
> should be added, because those labels are often used in the core.

Performance is not the only downside.

> I have created a new patch, which adds a recursive called function in
> tslib_pibase to get the support of dots in labels. This is only called,
> if the value is an array.

The patch adds more inconsistency to TypoScript, because in some places
the dots now have another meaning. Thus, I would vote -1 for this solution.

However, why not using another seprator in TypoScript?

_LOCAL_LANG.en.my_label_with_dots

evaluating to "my.label.with.dots" in the XML.

The only downside to such a solution would be that labels with
underscores would not work any more, but I think they're less common
than labels with dots (and we could implement a fallback for that easily).

Regards Helmut